If you haven’t heard of the incredible health benefits of CBD, you haven’t been following the news very closely.
From managing anxiety symptoms to enhancing heart health, boosting the immune system, fighting diseases and viral infections… CBD is taking the world by storm.
The right CBD dosage, however, is still a debatable topic. No matter which health condition you’re consuming CBD for, taking an adequate dosage is crucial.
In this article, we break down just how much CBD you should take:
- There is no universal dosage of CBD that everyone should consume, but the most commonly recommended dose of CBD is 20-40mg per day is a good starting point.
- The right dosage of CBD depends upon many factors, including the purpose of use, body weight, the concentration of CBD, and body chemistry.
- CBD is generally safe and studies show that even 1,500 mg/day of the substance is received well by humans.
- Possible side effects of taking too much CBD are fatigue, change in appetite, diarrhea, and drowsiness.
- A microdose of 5mg to 20mg of CBD per day is advised for coping with sleep issues, migraine, nausea and menopausal symptoms, metabolic disorders, and mood swings.
Table of Contents
What does Research Say About CBD Dosage?
A lot of research has been done in recent years to find the right amount of CBD dosage for different patients and diseases.
A 2017 study revealed that CBD is safe to consume, and there is no universal dosage of CBD that you should consume.
The study discovered that different people respond to different doses. The most popularly recommended range is between 20 and 1,500 milligrams (mg) per day.
Will that work for the elderly? What if the individual has cancer? These are some of the questions that may need more exploration.
Calculating the Right CBD Dose:
The right dosage of CBD depends upon many factors.
- The condition you’re treating
- Your body weight
- The concentration of CBD
- Body chemistry
If you are trying CBD for the first time, you should consult with your general physician and talk about the dosage that would be right for you.
Usually, people start with a smaller dosage of around 20-40mg. If there are no side effects and your condition improves, you can incrementally increase the CBD dose to 50mg, 60mg, etc.
It is highly advisable to track how much CBD you take and how symptoms improve. Be it a piece of paper or your phone.
What are the Possible Side-Effects of improper CBD Dosing?
Possible symptoms of consuming CBD in excess include the following:-
- Change in Appetite
- Change in Weight
CBD Doses According to Your Health Condition
- Bowel Disease: 10 mg per day
- Anxiety: 300 to 600 mg
- Psychosis: 600 mg per day
- Cancer-Related Pain: 50 to 600 mg per day
- Poor Sleep: 25 mg per day
- Parkinson’s Disease: 75 to 300 mg per day
Each individual has a unique tolerance to CBD. If you are sensitive to CBD, then you should consume it frequently in a low amount.
People who weigh less should start with lower doses than people on the heftier side.
Central nervous system depressants may increase the sedation effects of CBD.
Therefore, people taking these medications who experience drowsiness throughout the day should take a lower dosage of CBD.
Before mixing CBD and alcohol, you should ask your doctor whether it is safe.
When is a Microdose Recommended?
A microdose of 5mg to 20mg of CBD per day is advised for the following conditions:-
- Sleep disorders
- Migraine & other types of headaches
- Nausea and menopausal symptoms
- Metabolic disorders
- Mood swings
Discounts, Specials & New CBD Products
NV-US Organics is the most trusted online shop for the most comprehensive range of CBD products.
We offer hemp gummies, hemp softgels, organic salve, and hemp oil tincture at the highest quality at the most affordable prices.
We are a family-run business started with the aim to provide our customers with the finest quality, pure, and 100% THC-free CBD. Get delivery of your order right at your doorstep.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 409-203-4469 — we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.