CBD salve is a topical ointment that is infused with CBD oil and used for topical application on the skin. It is a popular alternative to traditional pain relievers, and it can be used to decrease discomfort, support a healthy inflammatory response and ease some skin conditions. Many people prefer to make their own CBD salve recipe at home, as it is cost-effective and allows them to customize the ingredients to suit their needs.
In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to make your own CBD salve. We’ll also provide you with some tips on how to customize your salve to suit your needs.
CBD Salve: Ingredients
To make your own CBD salve recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil, or almond oil)
- 1 ounce of beeswax
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon of essential oil (optional)
- 1 gram of CBD isolate or CBD oil
CBD Salve: Instructions
- To begin, melt the beeswax in a double boiler or glass measuring cup placed in a pot of simmering water.
- Once the beeswax has melted, add the carrier oil to the double boiler or glass measuring cup. Mix the contents until the carrier oil has completely melted and combined with the beeswax.
- Now, add the CBD isolate or CBD oil to the mixture and stir until it has fully dissolved.
- Follow this up by adding the vitamin E oil to the mixture, stirring until it has been fully incorporated.
- Should you wish to add a scent to your CBD salve recipe, include the essential oil in the mixture and mix until it has been fully combined.
- With all ingredients thoroughly blended together, pour the mixture into a jar and allow it to cool down completely. Once cool, your homemade CBD salve is ready for use.
Tips for Customizing Your CBD Salve Recipe:
- You can customize your CBD salve recipe by using a different carrier oil, such as jojoba oil or grapeseed oil.
- You can also customize the scent of your salve by using different essential oils.
- If you prefer a stronger CBD salve, you can increase the amount of CBD isolate or CBD oil that you use in your recipe.
CBD Salve: FAQs
Can I use broad-spectrum CBD oil instead of CBD isolate?
Yes, you can use broad-spectrum CBD oil instead of CBD isolate. However, be aware that broad-spectrum CBD oil contains other cannabinoids and terpenes, which may affect the potency and scent of your salve.
How long does the salve last?
The shelf life of your homemade CBD salve recipe will depend on the quality of the ingredients you use. However, if you store it in a cool, dry place, it should last for up to six months.
How much CBD salve should I use?
The amount of CBD salve that you need to use will depend on the condition you are using it for. For general pains and aches, we recommend applying a small amount to the affected area twice daily.
Is CBD salve safe?
Yes, CBD salve is generally considered to be safe when used as directed. However, you may want to check if you have any allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients used in your salve before using it. For example, many people report lavender oil causing skin irritation, so it’s best to check it on a small patch of skin before applying it to the affected area.
To Sum Up
Making your own CBD salve recipe is a great way to save money and customize the ingredients to suit your needs. The process is relatively simple, and all you need are some basic ingredients such as carrier oils, beeswax, vitamin E oil, essential oils (optional), and either CBD isolate or CBD oil. Once you have combined these ingredients into a paste-like consistency, simply pour it into a jar and allow it to cool before using it on the affected area.
The shelf life of your homemade CBD salve recipe should be around six months, and it is generally considered to be safe when used as directed. However, if you have any allergies or sensitivities to the ingredients used in your salve, we recommend testing a small patch of skin first before applying it to the affected area.