- At NV-US Organics, we extract oil from a feminized U.S.-grown hemp plant cultivated sustainably in nutrient-rich soil.
- After the hemp is harvested and dried, it is separated from the stalks and then ground through a hammermill to produce a controlled consistency and particle size that assures the best extraction.
- Next, the hemp goes through custom-built CO2 extractors, winterization, severe purification, and the decarboxylating process to produce a pure oil with a bright golden color.
- All NV-US Organics’ products go through extensive third-party lab testing – each of our products contains a QR code linking both the raw oil internal lab reports and the finished product testing by third parties.
The Farming Process:
NV-US Organics extracted oil from a feminized hemp plant. We use U.S. grown hemp cultivated sustainably in nutrient-rich soil bred for high hemp, low THC, and a wide range of minor cannabinoids and terpenes.
The Milling Process:
After harvesting the hemp, drying them in the field will reduce water weight and total mass. It is then separated from the stalks, leaving full flower and fan leaves for whole plant extraction.
Grinding the hemp through a hammermill will produce a very controlled consistency and particle size that assures the best extraction.
The Extraction Process:
Custom-built CO2 extractors use extreme cold temperature, and high-powered pressure pumps to push liquid CO2 through the milled material to produce crude oil in a supercritical extraction process. This material is full of lipids and chlorophyll that gives a soft, thick, whipped consistency to the crude oil.
The extracts are dissolved in food-grade ethanol to begin the process of purification. Then it is frozen to -20 degrees Celsius to isolate the hemp and cannabinoids from waxes and fats. This process is called winterization.
Through a proprietary multi-column chromatography method, which purifies the winterized crude oil by removing any undesirable component in a specialized medium, the winterized crude oil will undergo severe purification. Each portion remains mobile (like cannabinoids and terpenes) or is locked in the medium and remains in the column (like THC).
The first column extracts chlorophyll and the second column removes the lipids. The third column pulls 99% of THC by broadband, with the fourth column being a narrow band removal of the remaining 1% of THC.
Finally, ethanol is extracted from the purified oil using rotary evaporation at low heat. This process decarboxylates the cannabinoids fully and leaves a pure oil with a bright golden color.
Third-Party Lab Testing
All NV-US Organics’ products go through extensive third-party lab testing before we release any batch. In the industry, we have set a new bar for research. The most detailed tests are available for each batch: microbial (E. coli, yeast, mold), potency (ensuring that the label is in the bottle), heavy metals (lead, arsenic, mercury, and cadmium), and pesticides. (60 total).
Whenever possible, we aspire to use organic ingredients. Each of our products contains a QR code linking both the raw oil internal lab reports and the finished product testing by third parties.